How to Find the Shutter Count on Your Canon 60D Shutter Count?
Are you short on time? Here are some tools that you can use to check your Canon 60D shutter count:
Canon 60D shutter count online: camerashuttercount.com
Canon 60D shutter count software/app for mac & windows:
FreeShutterCounter (FREE macOS application)
Tornado EOS (Windows and Mac, you can use the free version to check your Canon shutter count)
Canon EOS DIGITAL Info Files (windows, Free)
Free shutter count – free up to 1000 actuations OS: Windows & macOS.
How to Find the Shutter Count on Your Canon 60D?
It’s quite simple to check the shutter count of your camera without being tech-savvy. There are several options to check the shutter count, both paid and free.
Camera Shutter Count – Upload an Image to a Website Online, Free
With this online tool, you can easily find out the shutter count of your Canon camera. Simply upload a sample photo taken using your camera, and the tool analyzes the metadata to calculate the shutter count. You can use it free here.
FreeShutterCounter (FREE macOS application)
Freeshuttercounter is a free utility that allows you to check the shutter count of your Canon camera. To use it, you’ll need to connect the camera to your Mac via USB and run the software.
This Free MacOS app works for the following cameras: 1D C, 1D X, 1D Mark IV, 7D Mark II, 7D, 5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 6D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 40D 700D (Rebel T5i), 650D (Rebel T4i), 600D (Rebel T3i), 550D (Rebel T2i), 500D (Rebel T1i), 100D (Rebel SL1), 1200D (Rebel T5), 1100D (Rebel T3), 1000D (Rebel XS) Unsupported: 1D X Mark II, 5DS, 5DS R, 5D Mark IV, 5D, 80D, 750D (Rebel T6i), 760D (Rebel T6s), 1300D, R series.
Check this FreeShutterCounter here.
Tornado EOS (Free version available)
- EOS 100D / REBEL SL1 / Kiss X7
- EOS 200D / REBEL SL2 / Kiss X9
- EOS 250D / REBEL SL3 / Kiss X10
- EOS 500D / REBEL T1i / Kiss X3
- EOS 550D / REBEL T2i / Kiss X4
- EOS 600D / REBEL T3i / Kiss X5
- EOS 650D / REBEL T4i / Kiss X6i
- EOS 700D / REBEL T5i / Kiss X7i
- EOS 750D / REBEL T6i / Kiss X8i
- EOS 760D / REBEL T6s / 8000D
- EOS 800D / REBEL T7i / Kiss X9i
- EOS 850D / REBEL T8i / Kiss X10i
- EOS 1100D / REBEL T3 / Kiss X50
- EOS 1200D / REBEL T5 / Kiss X70
- EOS 1300D / REBEL T6 / Kiss X80
- EOS 2000D / REBEL T7 / Kiss X90
- EOS 4000D / REBEL T100 / 3000D
- EOS 7D/ 7D Mark II
- EOS 77D / 9000D
- EOS R/ Ra/ RP
- EOS 5Ds/ 5Ds R
- EOS-1D Mark IV/ 1D C/ 1D X/ 1D X Mark II/ 1D X Mark III
- EOS R3/ R5/ R6
EOS M Series
- EOS M50
- EOS M50 Mark II
- EOS M6 Mark II
- EOS M200
See more details on Tornado EOS here: https://tornadosw.com/tornado-eos.php
This open-source firmware can be installed on your Canon camera to provide additional features and information, including the ability to view your shutter count.
The website states that Magic Lantern supports the following cameras: 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 6D, 7D, 50D, 60D, 500D/T1i, 550D/T2i, 600D/T3i, 650D/T4i, 700D/T5i, 1100D/T3, EOS M.
See more details and supported models on Magic Lantern.
by Konstantin Pavlikhin Supported Canon Cameras:
International Models EOS 1D Mark IV, 1D X, 1D X Mark II, 1D X Mark III, 1D C, 5DS, 5Ds, 5DS R, 5Ds R, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 5D Mark IV, 6D, 6D Mark II, 7D, 7D Mark II, 40D, 50D, 50D RETINA, 60D, 60D RETINA, 60Da, 70D, 77D, 80D, 80D RETINA, 90D, 100D, 200D, 200D II, 250D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 700D, 750D, 760D, 770D, 800D, 850D, 1000D, 1100D, 1200D, 1300D, 1500D, 2000D, 3000D, 4000D, 8000D, 9000D, R, Ra, RP, R3, R5, R6, M6 Mark II, M50, M50 Mark II, Hi; PowerShot G5 X Mark II;
American Models EOS Rebel SL1, SL2, SL3, XS, XSi, T1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5, T5i, T6, T6i, T6s, T7, T7i, T8i, T100;
Japanese Models EOS Kiss X2, X3, X4, X5, X6i, X7, X7i, X8i, X9, X9i, X10, X10i, F, X50, X70, X80, X90, M, M2;
ShutterCount for PC and Mac (Paid)
by DIREstudios – It can be installed on Windows, and macOS operating systems.
Supported Cameras: 1D4/1DC/1DX/1DX2/1DX3/5D2/5D3/5D4/5DS/5DSR/6D/6D2/7D/7D2/40D/50D/60D/60Da/70D/77D/80D/90D/100D/200D/200D2/250D/450D/500D/550D/600D/650D/700D/750D/760D/800D/850D/1000D/1100D/1200D/1300D/1500D/2000D/3000D/4000D/8000D/9000D/M6II/M50/M50II/R/R3/R5/R5C/R6/R10/Ra/RP; Kiss F/M/M2/X2/X3/X4/X5/X6i/X7/X7i/X8i/X9/X9i/X10/X10i/X50/X70/X80/X90; Rebel SL1/SL2/SL3/T1i/T2i/T3i/T5/T5i/T6/T6i/T6s/T7/T7i/T8i/T100/XS/XSi
Successful Tested Models: Canon 80D, Canon 60D, Canon 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, Canon 5D4, 6D Mark II, D2, 5D3, T3i Also works on Nikon such as D200, D300, D700, D800, D2Xs, and Pentax K-3.
Eosmsg (Paid, $5)
EOSMSG is an useful tool for anyone who uses a compatible Canon EOS DSLR camera or Nikon, Pentax, and Sony cameras. With its ability to retrieve shutter count and mirrorup count, it can allow you to make more informed decisions about your gear and ensure that you’re making the most of your photography equipment.
Eosmsg is compatible with many camera models: 1D X / 1D C 1D X Mark II / 1DX2 1D Mark IV / 1DM4 5D Mark II / 5D2 5D Mark III / 5D3 5D Mark IV / 5D4 5DS 5DS R 6D / 6D Mark II 7D 7D Mark II 7D2 60D / 70D / 80D / 77D /9000D Rebel T1i / 500D / Kiss X3 Rebel T2i / 550D / Kiss X4 Rebel T3i / 600D / Kiss X5 Rebel T4i / 650D / Kiss X6i Rebel T5i / 700D / Kiss X7i Rebel T6i / 750D / Kiss X8i Rebel T6s / 760D / 8000D Rebel T7i / 800D / Ksss X9i Rebel SL1 / 100D / Kiss X7 Rebel SL2 / 200D / Kiss X9 Rebel T3 / 1100D / Kiss X50 Rebel T5 / 1200D / Kiss X70 Rebel T6 / 1300D / 1500D Kiss X90 / REBEL T7/ 2000D EOS M / EOS M2 REBEL T100/ 3000D/ 4000D Kiss X10/Rebel SL3/250D/200D II(Mirrorless Version) EOS R EOS RP EOS R3 R5 R6 R62 R7 R8 R10 R50(Mirrorless Version) EOS M3 M5 M6 M10 M100 M200 M50 M50II(Mirrorless Version) 90D 850D(Mirrorless Version) EOS M6 Mark II(Mirrorless Version)
See more details and supported models on eosmsg here.
Free shutter count
Free up to 1000 actuations. See more details on Free Shutter Count here.
For full list of Canon models, check this page.
Canon 60D Shutter Life
The Canon 60D DSLR camera has a reported shutter life expectancy of approximately 100,000 actuations. This means the camera’s shutter mechanism is rated to last for up to 100,000 times it is activated. The shutter is a mechanical component that controls how long the camera’s sensor is exposed to light. It opens and closes quickly to capture an image and then resets for the next shot. As with any mechanical part, the shutter eventually wears out and may start to malfunction over time. This is why manufacturers provide a shutter life expectancy rating, which is an approximation of how many times the shutter can be actuated before it needs to be replaced or repaired.
The 100,000 actuation rating on the Canon 60D is considered to be quite good and should provide a long lifespan for the camera for most users. However, it’s important to note that this rating is not a guarantee of how long the camera will last and many factors can impact the actual longevity of the shutter, such as usage frequency, operating conditions, and maintenance. If you use your Canon 60D regularly and are concerned about the health of your camera’s shutter, there are some signs to look out for, such as unusual noises or lag time when taking shots, as these may indicate mechanical issues with the shutter. In any case, regular maintenance and care can help prolong the life of your camera’s shutter and ensure optimal performance.
Canon 60D shutter replacement cost
The cost of replacing the shutter on a Canon 60D DSLR camera can vary depending on several factors such as the location and the specific service provider. However, it is generally a moderately expensive repair, as it requires professional expertise and specialized tools. The price range for shutter replacement on a Canon 60D can be anywhere from 250 to 400 US dollars, with additional costs for labor and any necessary parts. It’s important to note that sometimes, the cost of shutter replacement can approach or even exceed the value of the camera itself.
If your Canon 60D is still under warranty or has an extended warranty, the shutter replacement cost may be partially or fully covered. It is advisable to check with the manufacturer or your warranty provider before proceeding with any repairs on your camera. If you suspect that your camera’s shutter is not functioning properly, it’s advisable to have it checked by a professional repair service before deciding to replace the shutter.
In some cases, the problem may be caused by other factors rather than a faulty shutter mechanism. In general, shutter replacement is a complex and delicate operation that should be conducted by a professional camera repair technician. It’s important to do your research and carefully select a reputable repair service with experience in Canon cameras to ensure the best possible outcome.
Information on Canon 60D
Here are some interesting facts about the Canon 60D:
- The Canon 60D was introduced in August 2010 as a mid-range DSLR camera and was a popular choice for enthusiasts and amateur photographers due to the combination of features and affordability.
- The camera is equipped with an 18-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and a DIGIC 4 image processor, allowing for high-resolution images and fast image processing.
- The Canon 60D features a 3-inch vari-angle LCD screen that can be rotated and tilted, making it easy to capture images and videos from different angles and positions.
- The camera has a maximum burst rate of 5.3 frames per second and can shoot up to 58 JPEG or 16 RAW images in a single burst.
- The Canon 60D features an ISO range of 100-6400 (expandable up to 12800), which makes it suitable for low light photography and helps reduce noise in images taken at higher ISOs.
- The camera’s autofocus system has 9 cross-type focus points, which are spread across the frame to ensure accurate focus even in challenging shooting conditions.
- The Canon 60D also has a built-in pop-up flash and is equipped with a hot shoe for external flashes, making it easy to add additional lighting to your shots.
- The camera has the ability to shoot full HD 1080p video at 30 frames per second, making it a versatile option for shooting both still images and videos.
- Canon 60D was succeeded by the Canon 70D, which was introduced in 2013 and featured several improvements, including a faster autofocus system, a higher-resolution sensor, and a touchscreen LCD.
- Even though the Canon 60D is a few years old now, it is still a great choice for photographers looking for a mid-range DSLR camera that offers excellent image quality, features, and performance at an affordable price.