How to Find the Shutter Count on Your Canon 6D Shutter Count?
If you are short on time and can’t read the full article? Then here are some tools that you can use to check your Canon 6D shutter count:
Canon 6D shutter count online: camerashuttercount.com
Canon 6D shutter count software/app for mac & windows:
FreeShutterCounter (FREE macOS application)
Canon EOS DIGITAL Info Files (windows, Free)
Tornado EOS (Windows and Mac, you can use the free version to check your Canon shutter count)
ShutterCount for PC and Mac (Paid)
Free shutter count – free up to 1000 actuations OS: Windows & macOS.
Magic Lantern (Free)
Eosmsg (Paid, $5) – Works with all Canon Cameras. OS: Windows
How to Find the Shutter Count on Your Canon 6D?
Camera Shutter Count – Online
This is an online tool that can help you determine the shutter count of your Canon camera. All you need to do is upload a sample photo that you have taken with your camera, and the online tool will calculate the shutter count based on the photo’s metadata.
You can use it free here.
FreeShutterCounter (FREE macOS application)
This is a free software that you can download to your computer. It works with most Canon EOS DSLR cameras, including the Canon 6D. After connecting your camera to your computer, you can run the app to get the shutter count.
This Free MacOS app works for the following cameras: 1D C, 1D X, 1D Mark IV, 7D Mark II, 7D, 5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 6D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 40D 700D (Rebel T5i), 650D (Rebel T4i), 600D (Rebel T3i), 550D (Rebel T2i), 500D (Rebel T1i), 100D (Rebel SL1), 1200D (Rebel T5), 1100D (Rebel T3), 1000D (Rebel XS) Unsupported: 1D X Mark II, 5DS, 5DS R, 5D Mark IV, 5D, 80D, 750D (Rebel T6i), 760D (Rebel T6s), 1300D, R series.
Check this FreeShutterCounter here.
Canon EOS DIGITAL Info Files (Free)
Not all tested, but the following models should be supported:
- EOS 40D
- EOS DIGITAL REBEL Xsi/450D/ Kiss X2
- EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS/ 1000D/ KISS F
- EOS 50D
- EOS 5D Mark II
- EOS Kiss X3/EOS REBEL T1i /EOS 500D
- EOS 7D
- EOS-1D Mark IV
- EOS Kiss X4/EOS REBEL T2i /EOS 550D
- EOS 60D
- EOS Kiss X5/EOS REBEL T3i /EOS 600D
- EOS Kiss X50/EOS REBEL T3 /EOS 1100D
- EOS 5D Mark III
- EOS 1D X
- EOS Kiss X6i/EOS 650D/EOS REBEL T4i
- EOS M
- EOS 6D
- EOS-1D C
- EOS Kiss X7i/EOS 700D /EOS REBEL T5i
- EOS Kiss X7/EOS 100D/EOS REBEL SL1
- EOS 70D
- EOS M2
- EOS Kiss X70/EOS 1200D/EOS REBEL T5/EOS Hi
****The shutter Count is Not Available: EOS 5DS / EOS 5DS R / EOS REBEL T6s / EOS 760D / EOS 8000D / EOS REBEL T6i / EOS 750D / EOS Kiss X8i / EOS M3 / EOS 7D Mark II EOS-1D X Mark II / EOS 80D / EOS Rebel T6 / EOS 1300D / EOS Kiss X80 / EOS M10.
See more details on Canon EOS DIGITAL Info Files
Tornado EOS (Free version available)
The Tornado Shutter Counter is a software tool designed to determine the number of shutter actuations on a camera. Its effectiveness has been proven across various camera models, even with the free version. With this handy software, users can effortlessly connect their camera to their computer and instantly access the shutter count display.
- EOS 100D / REBEL SL1 / Kiss X7
- EOS 200D / REBEL SL2 / Kiss X9
- EOS 250D / REBEL SL3 / Kiss X10
- EOS 500D / REBEL T1i / Kiss X3
- EOS 550D / REBEL T2i / Kiss X4
- EOS 600D / REBEL T3i / Kiss X5
- EOS 650D / REBEL T4i / Kiss X6i
- EOS 700D / REBEL T5i / Kiss X7i
- EOS 750D / REBEL T6i / Kiss X8i
- EOS 760D / REBEL T6s / 8000D
- EOS 800D / REBEL T7i / Kiss X9i
- EOS 850D / REBEL T8i / Kiss X10i
- EOS 1100D / REBEL T3 / Kiss X50
- EOS 1200D / REBEL T5 / Kiss X70
- EOS 1300D / REBEL T6 / Kiss X80
- EOS 2000D / REBEL T7 / Kiss X90
- EOS 4000D / REBEL T100 / 3000D
- EOS 7D/ 7D Mark II
- EOS 77D / 9000D
- EOS R/ Ra/ RP
- EOS 5Ds/ 5Ds R
- EOS-1D Mark IV/ 1D C/ 1D X/ 1D X Mark II/ 1D X Mark III
- EOS R3/ R5/ R6
EOS M Series
- EOS M50
- EOS M50 Mark II
- EOS M6 Mark II
- EOS M200
See more details on Tornado EOS here: https://tornadosw.com/tornado-eos.php
Magic Lantern is an open-source firmware for Canon cameras that adds additional features and functionality. One of these features is the ability to check the shutter count of your camera. However, it’s important to note that installing Magic Lantern can void your camera’s warranty and may also come with some risks, so it’s not recommended for everyone.
Magic Lantern supports the following cameras: 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 6D, 7D, 50D, 60D, 500D/T1i, 550D/T2i, 600D/T3i, 650D/T4i, 700D/T5i, 1100D/T3, EOS M.
See more details and supported models on Magic Lantern.
by Konstantin Pavlikhin
Supported Canon Cameras:
International Models EOS 1D Mark IV, 1D X, 1D X Mark II, 1D X Mark III, 1D C, 5DS, 5Ds, 5DS R, 5Ds R, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 5D Mark IV, 6D, 6D Mark II, 7D, 7D Mark II, 40D, 50D, 50D RETINA, 60D, 60D RETINA, 60Da, 70D, 77D, 80D, 80D RETINA, 90D, 100D, 200D, 200D II, 250D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 700D, 750D, 760D, 770D, 800D, 850D, 1000D, 1100D, 1200D, 1300D, 1500D, 2000D, 3000D, 4000D, 8000D, 9000D, R, Ra, RP, R3, R5, R6, M6 Mark II, M50, M50 Mark II, Hi; PowerShot G5 X Mark II;
American Models EOS Rebel SL1, SL2, SL3, XS, XSi, T1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5, T5i, T6, T6i, T6s, T7, T7i, T8i, T100;
Japanese Models EOS Kiss X2, X3, X4, X5, X6i, X7, X7i, X8i, X9, X9i, X10, X10i, F, X50, X70, X80, X90, M, M2;
ShutterCount for PC and Mac (Paid)
by DIREstudios – It can be installed on Windows, and macOS operating systems.
Supported Cameras: 1D4/1DC/1DX/1DX2/1DX3/5D2/5D3/5D4/5DS/5DSR/6D/6D2/7D/7D2/40D/50D/60D/60Da/70D/77D/80D/90D/100D/200D/200D2/250D/450D/500D/550D/600D/650D/700D/750D/760D/800D/850D/1000D/1100D/1200D/1300D/1500D/2000D/3000D/4000D/8000D/9000D/M6II/M50/M50II/R/R3/R5/R5C/R6/R10/Ra/RP; Kiss F/M/M2/X2/X3/X4/X5/X6i/X7/X7i/X8i/X9/X9i/X10/X10i/X50/X70/X80/X90; Rebel SL1/SL2/SL3/T1i/T2i/T3i/T5/T5i/T6/T6i/T6s/T7/T7i/T8i/T100/XS/XSi
Successful Tested Models: Canon 80D, Canon 60D, Canon 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, Canon 5D4, 6D Mark II, D2, 5D3, T3i Also works on Nikon such as D200, D300, D700, D800, D2Xs, and Pentax K-3.
Eosmsg (Paid, $5)
EOSMSG is a powerful software tool designed for use with compatible Canon EOS DSLR cameras, as well as Nikon, Pentax, and Sony cameras. It provides a range of useful functions that allow users to extract important information about their cameras, with the primary function being the retrieval of the camera’s shutter count and mirrorup count.
The shutter count is a critical metric in photography, as it indicates how many times the physical shutter mechanism in the camera has been actuated. Generally, this is a good indicator of how much “life” your camera has left in it, so knowing your camera’s current shutter count can be incredibly helpful in determining when you might need to replace your camera or take other steps to maintain it.
The mirrorup count is another important metric related to camera use. It indicates how many times the camera’s mirror mechanism has been actuated, which is important because this mechanism can wear out over time. Knowing the mirrorup count can help you gauge the health of your camera’s overall mechanisms and better anticipate when repairs or maintenance might be needed.
Eosmsg is compatible with many camera models: 1D X / 1D C 1D X Mark II / 1DX2 1D Mark IV / 1DM4 5D Mark II / 5D2 5D Mark III / 5D3 5D Mark IV / 5D4 5DS 5DS R 6D / 6D Mark II 7D 7D Mark II 7D2 60D / 70D / 80D / 77D /9000D Rebel T1i / 500D / Kiss X3 Rebel T2i / 550D / Kiss X4 Rebel T3i / 600D / Kiss X5 Rebel T4i / 650D / Kiss X6i Rebel T5i / 700D / Kiss X7i Rebel T6i / 750D / Kiss X8i Rebel T6s / 760D / 8000D Rebel T7i / 800D / Ksss X9i Rebel SL1 / 100D / Kiss X7 Rebel SL2 / 200D / Kiss X9 Rebel T3 / 1100D / Kiss X50 Rebel T5 / 1200D / Kiss X70 Rebel T6 / 1300D / 1500D Kiss X90 / REBEL T7/ 2000D EOS M / EOS M2 REBEL T100/ 3000D/ 4000D Kiss X10/Rebel SL3/250D/200D II(Mirrorless Version) EOS R EOS RP EOS R3 R5 R6 R62 R7 R8 R10 R50(Mirrorless Version) EOS M3 M5 M6 M10 M100 M200 M50 M50II(Mirrorless Version) 90D 850D(Mirrorless Version) EOS M6 Mark II(Mirrorless Version)
See more details and supported models on eosmsg here.
Free shutter count
Free up to 1000 actuations. See more details on Free Shutter Count here.
For full list of Canon models, check this page.
Canon 6D Shutter Life
The Canon 6D is rated for a shutter life of approximately 100,000 actuations. This means that the mechanical shutter mechanism is expected to last for around 100,000 clicks before needing to be replaced. However, this is an estimated value and it’s important to note that the actual shutter life may vary depending on usage, maintenance, and handling. It’s always a good idea to take good care of your camera and avoid excessive or unnecessary use of the shutter to prolong its lifespan.
Canon 6D shutter replacement cost
The cost of a shutter replacement for a Canon 6D can vary depending on where you live and the repair service you choose. However, on average, the cost can range from 25400 US dollars. It’s best to contact a reputable camera repair shop or Canon service center in your area to get an accurate quote based on your specific needs.
Information on Canon 6D
- The Canon 6D is a full-frame DSLR camera that was released in 2012.
- It has a 20.2-megapixel CMOS sensor and is capable of shooting at up to 4.5 frames per second.
- The 6D has a built-in GPS and Wi-Fi connectivity, which allows you to instantly share your photos and videos with other devices or upload them to the internet.
- It is equipped with Canon’s DIGIC 5+ image processor, which offers improved noise reduction, faster processing speeds, and better image quality compared to its predecessor.
- The 6D has a 3-inch LCD screen with a resolution of 1.04 million dots.
- The camera can shoot Full HD (1080p) video at up to 30 frames per second.
- It has a sensitivity range of ISO 100-25600 (expandable to ISO 50-102400) and an 11-point autofocus system.
- The Canon 6D is known for its excellent low-light performance and is a popular choice among landscape, portrait, and travel photographers.
- In 2017, the Canon 6D Mark II was released, which offers several upgrades and improvements over its predecessor, including a higher resolution sensor, better autofocus system, and improved shooting speeds.
- Overall, the Canon 6D is a reliable and versatile camera that is well-suited for a wide range of photography applications.